JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT CODECRAFT SCHOOL
CodeCraft School of Technology offers cutting-edge technology “bootcamps” designed for rapid career transformation. CodeCraft was started by the founders of Boulder Digital Arts who’ve been providing digital skills training for over 12 years.
Instructor – Web Development (MEAN Stack)
The perfect candidate for our Lead Instructor position will have a unique combination of not only being an expert coder, but also have a great passion for teaching. You will be the lead instructor for each of our four annual 10-week-long coding programs. These are scheduled to provide at least two weeks of time between programs; one week will generally be used for adjusting your curriculum and exercises, assisting in job placement for graduates, and working with new applicants. The other week is vacation for you! We want you to stay engaged in the technologies you teach so we encourage our instructors to continue working on their own projects, contributing to open source projects, and attending industry events. Responsibilities Overview
- Work with program applicants to evaluate their existing skills and overall aptitude/suitability for a career in programming.
- Develop curriculum and refine constantly to meet the needs of students, the market and adapt to the latest technologies and techniques.
- Lead lectures and class activities and support students during project work.
- Organize and manage a team of coding mentors.
- Collaborate with our careers team in placing graduates into jobs or internships.
- Ensure that your students stay motivated, inspired, and keep up on learning objectives and class exercises/projects.
- Professional and self-guided. You are ultimately responsible for ensuring a great experience for all the students!
- Experience working with agile teams/pair programming.
- Passionate about sharing your knowledge with aspiring developers, and committed to engaging students and helping them through the difficult learning process.
- Excellent communicator with an engaging personality and a good sense of humor.
- Some background in teaching and/or mentoring.
What We’re All About In our industry the tools and technologies change constantly. Therefore, it’s vital for us to teach our students how to be a programmer rather than a master of a particular technology. We teach our students how to think like an experienced programmer so they are successful in crafting elegant solutions to any application requirement regardless of the current state of tools and technology. We believe in learning by doing and working on real-world projects that build skill and a portfolio of work for our students to show to prospective employers. We promote open source tools and technologies and instill in our students a sense of appreciation for all the contributions that have been made to these projects with a desire to contribute where they can. We are committed to providing the highest quality learning environment and outcomes in the industry. We keep our class sizes considerably smaller than the average, provide our students access to a wide range of relevant evening workshop and promote peer-to-peer support and collaboration among students with shared housing and social events. Compensation/Benefits
- Full-time lead instructor target salary range: $50-$65K DOE
- 4-8 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Chance to work with an awesome team in a fun and engaging environment while changing the lives of your students
How To Apply Send us an email to email@example.com. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Passionate about coding and technology? Want to help aspiring coders and be a leader in the local programming community? Apply to be a mentor to our students by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us a bit about your background and why you’d be interested in being a CodeCraft School mentor.