PREP & ADMISSIONS
Preparing for CodeCraft School and Our Admissions Process
You don’t have to have programming experience or a computer science background to succeed at CodeCraft. But you do have to demonstrate that you’re ready to take on a challenging and sometimes humbling 10 weeks with the required motivation, dedication and positive attitude! When you apply we’re not just evaluating your technical skills and aptitude, but we’re also making sure that you can complete our program successfully. That said, we strongly recommend that you introduce yourself to programming and web development fundamentals prior to applying. This allows you to see if you actually enjoy coding and think you have the aptitude to learn the required skills. It also shows the CodeCraft team that you’re motivated and ready to learn. Finally, you’ll be better prepared for our admissions process, including our coding challenges and your interviews with our team.
- Step 1: Submit an application that tells us about you and your career goals. Please be as informative as possible.
- Step 2: Schedule an interview with our admissions team.
- Step 3: After your interview, if we think you are a good fit for the program you wish to attend, we’ll pass your application onto our faculty for their final approval. If not, we will give you feedback on what you can do to be more prepared or some alternatives you might consider.
- Step 4: Receive an admissions decision and enrollment agreement if accepted.
- Step 5: Accepted students must complete all required pre-program learning. The pre-work varies based on the bootcamp.
If You’re Accepted
Congratulations! You’re on your way toward a career as a programmer! Often the CodeCraft team will ask that you continue preparing for the program with specific recommendations on things to brush up on or learn, prior to attending. At this point we’ll have a good idea of where you are in terms of skills and experience and what you should do prior to starting the cohort. We then provide required pre-work 2-4 weeks before the in-class hours begin. This pre-work needs completed in order to attend the cohort. Free Workshops at BDA If you’re in the area (Boulder, Colorado), we offer complimentary workshops with our partner, Boulder Digital Arts once you’ve paid your tuition deposit.
Recommended Resources for Preparing